Thursday 3 July 2014

Bookmark from a shirt cuff

Sometimes you see things differently.

I was looking at an old shirt and I couldn't decide what to do with it.  I turned it around and nothing but nothing was jumping out at me.

Then I had a thought.  Surely I can use that cuff to make a bookmark??

Easy peasy, right?

Cut off the cuff, insert something to make it more rigid and then sew it all up, right?

Actually, it was a bit more of a challenge than I thought it would be.  There was an awful lot of unpicking to do to remove the sleeve itself.

Then I had to figure out how to insert the stiffener between the buttonhole and the button.  Once that was done, I tucked everything back in and then sewed it all up again.

Added a ribbon and ta-dah - it was done!






Next...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Selena!
    This is a great idea!
    I have some I can do this with!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    kisses from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete