Saturday 28 September 2013

Latest journal cover creations

You may have noticed that I love sewing. 

But what I REALLY love doing is sewing items that are unique and have different colours/textures/patterns - if I get to use preloved fabrics too, so much the better!

Here are my latest creations.  Each with a different fabric.  Each with a different story.

Let me know what you think!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I fell in love with this pepper print and just knew that it would be ideal for making a cover!




I found this melon fabric in the same shop as the chillis.  Again, I just knew it would work!




This Union flag fabric was taken from the dress that my daughter wore to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee picnic in our street last year.  She'd grown out of it in the meantime, but I just know that someone, somewhere will love it!  Especially with the blue polka dot lining!




This beautifully delicate bluebell print fabric was discovered in a shop in Goldhawk Road in London on my latest visit.  I fell in love with it.  It reminds me of a Liberty print.  I teamed it with small blue and white polka dots.  Yum!




This funky retro fabric was taken from a preloved top which I bought specifically for this purpose!  The lining was created from a pair of purple palazzo pants.




Another funky geometric print caught my eye in a preloved shop.  I just adored the colour combination of dusky rose and gold and the soft texture always appeals to me too!  The cover was lined with matching dusky rose satin to finish it off.




I just adore campervans!  So this fabric had to come home with me and be used straight away!  The journal cover is lined with matching bottle green cotton lining.




Blue camo anyone?  How could I not use this fabric?  I teamed it with a small blue and white polka dot fabric.





Purple and lime - what a combination!  This fabric was purchased when I was on holiday in Pembrokeshire.  I remember the quaint little sewing shop that I discovered it in.  I just loved the contrasting colours!  I lined the journal cover with the same fabric.





Pink and sparkly?  This fabric is always a winner because it has rainbow shimmers whenever the light touches it.  The delicate pink outer was lined with fabric from a preloved pink and white stripe sheet :)






I even found a gold version of the fabric too so was able to make a cover with gold sparkles!  The cover is lined with gold satin from a throw.  Very elegant!





Next...







No comments:

Post a Comment