Wednesday 3 April 2013

Easy peasy sun dress to skirt refashion

You know when you walk into a charity shop and spot the most gorgeous dress sitting on the rail looking a bit dejected?  Well, bring it home anyway!  You can always do something with it!!

This is what the dress looked like before:




Beautiful, isn't it?

But alas, it did not fit.

Did I let that stop me?  Nope!  Not a chance.  I saw the potential. 




I just knew that because the dress was gathered below the bust line that I could easily cut it off and there would be more fabric available to play with.

I began by unpicking the bottom of the back zip up to the waist.  Then sewed that part back together again.  I shortened the new skirt from the waist rather than the bottom, as that had an existing hem.

Then I made a channel for some elastic.  I could quite easily have used the waist ties for the waistband, but decided not to for this refashion.

That's it!

Told you it was easy peasy!

Now it has a new lease of life.


Next...

No comments:

Post a Comment