Monday 8 October 2012

Flocked journal cover

I don't like to throw fabric away - you never know when it will come in handy!

So when I remembered that I still had some of this flocked leatherette/suedette (I'm not really sure of its technical name!) on another project I thought it would make a fabulous journal cover.

I really must try harder at cataloguing my fabric supplies.  I vaguely colour coded it into huge bags a while ago but that has somewhat gone awry!  But I don't think that's a bad thing - you never know which colour will go with which pattern until it's next to each other.  Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!



You can get an idea of the textured surface from the above picture.  Methinks it will be quite hardwearing - well, my daughter has had no problems with her bag modification using this fabric!


It is lined with the gorgeous gold throw fabric that I have used elsewhere.  I do love using preloved fabric from the same source on a variety of projects.  I then get to imagine the different pieces of fabric family dotted around the world.


And it is perfect for a journal!


Next...





No comments:

Post a Comment