Thursday 27 September 2012

Sunflowers and gold thread

Imagine the scene...

- you've lost lots of weight
- you have a much loved skirt that no longer fits
- you want something to remind you of how far you've come

That was the dilemma one of my friends had.  So she gave the skirt to me to see if I could make something out of it - oh maybe a journal cover.

Well, it just so happened that I could!

I added a sunflower coloured lining because I didn't want anything to detract from the skirt fabric.



The cover fits the journal that it's supposed to with wiggle room built in!


And because it's a journal cover to celebrate with and remember, I topstitched all around with gold thread.  I think it looks really pretty when it catches the light!


Because the skirt was made of panels I cut out the fabric along one of the panel joins (which you can just see here on the spine of the cover).


I do hope she likes it!


1 comment:

  1. Selena! Where is the *love, love, love, love LOVE* button?!

    I got teary. Thank you soooo much! <3

    ReplyDelete