Thursday 6 September 2012

Everlasting Summer shopper

As you may know, I love using unusual fabrics - they can be anything from preloved clothing to PVC.

So when I saw the fabulous print on some vinyl tablecloth, the Everlasting Summer Shopper was born!



I was looking for a way to reinforce the corners of the shopper but nothing sprang immediately to mind.

And then I remembered that many moons ago we recovered some white fabric dining chairs with leatherette to make them more durable.  They have been brilliant and so hard-wearing too.  And I was sure I had some of it in the loft still...
 
 
 
 
So I used the leatherette to protect the corners.

I had so much fun trying to figure out how to add them to the bottom of the bag!



And then I thought, what the heck, let's line it too.

So I added a red cotton lining to make it even more cheerful.


Et voila! 

Another shopper has arrived!




No comments:

Post a Comment