I've been tinkering with my journal cover pattern lately.
I knew there must be an easier way to make them. I knew that if I kept on playing that I would eventually stumble across a solution.
So I got some paper out and had a play - very technical stuff!
And then I got some scrap fabric, labelled it and had another play.
Then I used some actual preloved fabric because I thought I'd sussed out how to make it.
Ahem. It would appear not! (Never fear, I'm going to remake this one!)
But I didn't give up.
I tried one last time.
And looky here - it not only worked but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!!
I knew there was an answer in there somewhere LOL!
This cover was made from a preloved tea-towel that I fell in love with!
Now, at first glance it may not look much different to any of the other covers I've created. But I am now 100% happy with it rather than 99.5%. And that 0.5% makes a big difference to me!
So now I've updated my pattern instructions and I have cut out lots of fabric and I'm looking forward to having more fun with them!