Tuesday 10 April 2012

Sewing thoughts - 8 months in

I've been thinking about 'sewing' and what I have learned over the last 8 months.  Sometimes I cannot believe how lucky I've been!



- it has taught me about passion and not giving up

- it has taught me about finding solutions. Can I change a zip on a pair of jeans? Well, I haven't done that as yet, but my friend has given me a pair to do and I know that I will figure it out.

- it has taught me that I can if I think I can (three tutus anyone?)

- I can value my time and energy

- even though I do not have any formal training as such; the internet and books are a wonderful resource to discover *how*

- the fun is in the creating things and putting colours and patterns together that make *me* smile

- this blog has given me a vehicle for self-expression; to be totally honest and not hide away. I am *me*. I share my struggles. I share my successes. I'm a little surprised (but glad) that people are actually reading what I get up to from all over the world!

- I wake up looking forward to the new day; wondering what delicious things I can create today

- I named it 'Sew Selena' because that's what people get - the *me* that I always wanted to be but was afraid to unmask


Life's such an adventure sometimes LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment