Monday 19 March 2012

Elmer bag

Fabric or pattern?

Which comes first?

90% of the time I get most of my inspiration from the fabric.

So when I discovered this fabulous muti-coloured check tea-towel from Lakeland (well, at least that's what I think it was - it was definitely cotton with a little hanging loop in the corner) I just had to find a use for it.

And as it's so brightly coloured it had to be called an Elmer bag!




The ideas came easily - just cut off the sides of the tea-towel (it already had seams), double up and create handles.

Then sew the sides of the tea-towel together, create a dart and turn the right side out.  No need to add a seam to the top as it had already been done for me!

Sew on the handles and add buttons for decoration. 

Ta-dah!




Definitely a bag to brighten up any day!




I'm busily making a raft of unique items in time to sell them at a large centenary event at the end of June.  It'll be my first stall <grin>.

Talk about excited!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Selena,
    Thanks for sharing this ! Made me feel all inspired to finally use the Dupioni silk with quares pattern I bought AGES ago.
    Kiki x

    ReplyDelete