Sunday 20 November 2011

Skirts, skirts and more skirts...

The joy of telling everyone what I love doing is that people give me such fun fabric to play with!

I was given this skirt that the owner didn't really want to part with, but thought I might be able to find a use for it.  Oh absolutely, yes please!!




As an aside - if you have a look at the skirt above you might just be able to make out the hanging loop on the top right hand side of the picture.  When I laid it down on the ground it turned itself into a heart :)  I didn't even realise until I double-checked the picture! 

But I just had to include a close-up of it LOL!



Anyway, when I went along to the fabric shop to get some matching fabric I had a definite idea of what I wanted it to look like.  But the shop owner steered me towards a fabric that I would never have chosen on my own - and to be honest, I really like the colour-combination!

So after much interfacing, arm-waving, unpicking, padding, sewing and threading, I conjured up a shopping bag.  The lady whose skirt it was ALWAYS uses shopping bags!

I took the belt and belt loops from the skirt and added them to the outside of the shopper and I also added two outer pockets. 

As you can see it's really quite sturdy as it's able to stand up on its own - that was lucky then LOL!




The handle is extra padded and the interior is fully lined with two more pockets to put purse, keys, newspaper, celery, whatever into!




And the fun bit is, the person who gave it to me will be getting it back at Christmas-time :)

I just love a happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment