Wednesday 28 September 2011

College bag

I was asked to make a bag for a friend of a friend to take to college.  The brief was for it to be able to hold an A4 leverarch file and have a pocket for a pen.  It could be made from any fabric whatsoever. 

Oh what fun!  I get to create something that *I'd* like!! 


After hours of deliberation and pencil-chewing pattern-making, this is the bag I created.  I'm still using William Morris curtains - there's nothing quite like preloved fabric to really bring a new creation to life. 

The bag itself has gently rounded corners at the bottom, is softly padded and has a comfortable, long shoulder-strap which can be used across the body.



There are side pockets on both sides and channels for those all important pens and pencils.




The bottom has been pleated and sewn for added reinforcement.



There is an interior mobile phone pocket and a magnetic snap fastening.  Plus plenty of room for all those other necessary college items.


And it fits an A4 leverarch file with ease!!



2 comments:

  1. There is just something about William Morris fabrics that breathes finish, polish, excellence...I live the bag Selena. The first of many commissions I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL not live the bag, try "I LOVE the bag!!"

    ReplyDelete